A lot of the pre-confederation Canada were memorable moments that created the society we live in today and it made an important part in history. History, however, is not always about the huge moments, it is also about the moments that go unseen. History made me realize that in ways its kind of an inception by there being history being made in the history that is already being made. From the readings that I have done and just from taking a history class it is amazing how some events that are very minor can cause an impact on a reader. In my opinion, some of the minor events have made the biggest impacts in society today and tend to be forgotten until research is being done.

Taking this course also made me realize how forgotten Canada is in history because of reputation of being the “peacekeepers”. It is amazing to me to know what I do now and the impacts that has happened that has not being covered fully in depth. Is some of the events really major? No, but the Canadian history has has made contributions around the world and it is surprising that for the most part it has gone unnoticed.